Social media is an essential part of a business’s digital marketing campaign. Approximately, one-third of consumers prefer connecting with a brand on social media rather than over the phone or in person. Therefore, having an engaging and consistent social media presence is crucial for e-commerce stores.
But with so many social media networks out there, how do you determine which is best for your business?
As specialists in digital marketing and Shopify e-commerce development, our team of Shopify experts at Blackbelt Commerce can offer advice on which social media platform is best suited to your Shopify store.
What’s more, we’ve created the following guide to help all Shopify store owners succeed in social media.
Understand The Pros and Cons of Each Network
No business should focus on all social media networks. Doing so is expensive and time-consuming. Instead, you will need to determine which social media platforms:
- Are worth your time
- Will bring a return on your investment
- Suit your target audience
- Suit your brand
The easiest way to conclude which social media networks are worth your investment is to list off the pros and cons of each platform. For additional advice, ask a trusted Shopify developer for their guidance.
Facebook is still a huge force to take advantage of when it comes to social media marketing, even with the growing popularity of Instagram. Between the ages of 18 to 34, there is 35% of active male users, as well as 23% of active female users. Ideal for targeting millennials.
- You can start a dialogue between your brand and your audience
- Sharing discounts, promotions and general interest posts is incredibly easy
- Through polling your audience, you can gain insight into the behaviors of your target audience
- There is the ability to drive traffic to your e-commerce store
- Through Facebook marketing, you have multiple marketing platform tools
- There is a loss of control
- It takes a lot of time and resources
- Ad blockers can limit the reach of your Facebook ads
Considered one of the most influential social media networks. Twitter is a notorious platform for a fast-paced living and engaging conversation. For businesses, it is a space on the internet for your brand to become more 3D.
- Makes your business personal
- Ability to create a unique tone of voice for your brand
- Easy to stay up to date with trends
- The chance to offer excellent customer service
- Can engage with followers quickly and easily
- 6,000 tweets are made every single second, so your tweets can easily go unnoticed
- Requires constant vigilance and maintenance
- Limited characters allowed per tweet
Instagram allows for personal and professional, business profiles. Swapping to a business profile can offer analytical insights and easy-to-create promotions. But what are the pros and cons of your e-commerce store? The best Shopify web developers at Blackbelt Commerce have discovered the following pros and cons.
- Swapping to an Instagram business profile is free
- You get direct contact button for your followers to use. They can email and call you.
- You can embed the link of your e-commerce store into your Instagram profile
- Powerful insights that highlight your top 7 recent posts, what days of the week and times of the day your followers are most active, and gender, age and location breakdown.
- Easy-to-create Instagram ads
- Your profile is labeled as a business, making your profile less human.
- Less visibility. Instagram will always favor the posts from a user’s friends than a business that they follow.
Professionals, both young and old, can be found on LinkedIn. If your e-commerce store sells products or services for budding entrepreneurs or long-standing professionals, LinkedIn is the platform to grab their attention.
- LinkedIn allows 30,000 first-degree connections,600% higher than Facebook’s 5,000.
- LinkedIn wall updates display much longer snippets of text
- Less personal than networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- There is a professional environment, meaning your business is less likely to deal with negative reviews and confrontations.
- You cannot reach younger audiences who have not started their career yet
- If a post of yours is removed, a reason is not provided, making it much harder for your content to be approved. This is because of undisclosed rules.
- There is a 600-character limit to status updates
“5 Ways To Build Your Brand on Social Media:
1. Post content that adds value
2. Spread positivity
3. Create a steady stream of info
4. Make an impact
5. Be yourself”
The best social media marketing apps to add to your Shopify store
Shopify makes personalizing your e-commerce store incredibly easy. There are many marketing apps you can add to your e-commerce store, depending on which social media networks you have decided to use.
Our team of Blackbelt Commerce Shopify experts has deduced the best apps for your Shopify e-commerce store.
Flexify: Facebook Product Feed – Sync your e-commerce store with your Facebook product catalog.
Facebook Messenger Marketing– Market to your customers through Facebook Messenger.
Cartback: Messenger Marketing – An app to market to users who have abandoned their carts before checkout.
Twitter Feed by POWr – Have a Twitter feed on your e-commerce store to keep content fresh and increase your social following.
Instafeed – The ability to add a live feed of your business’s Instagram to your Shopify store.
Instagram In-Shop – Create an Instagram shop for your e-commerce store in a few easy steps.
Zapier – Connect your business’s LinkedIn and Shopify store in a matter of minutes.
Social media marketing is a complicated method to perfect. Determining which social media networks and how to implement them to your Shopify store is no easy task. Therefore, Blackbelt Commerce has a reputable team of Shopify web developers and Shopify experts who are more than willing to lend a hand.
Through the help and guidance of a professional Shopify developer, your e-commerce store can thrive and become more connected to the social world on the internet. Hire Shopify expert for the best Shopify services today.
Thank you again for following our Shopify Insider Blog @ Blackbelt Commerce. We can also help you with many other services.
We have many other valuable posts that are informative. Here are our top recommendations; How To Harness The Hottest E-commerce Trends of 2019 , how to improve branding for your e-commerce store, Social media, key reasons to incorporate in your e-commerce store,and The Benefits Of Multichannel Thinking.
Also, you can learn all about who are the Shopify Experts at Blackbelt Commerce.
What are the top Shopify stores doing?
Take what we've learned and use it to your advantage.
Get our exclusive research: Insights from over 500 Shopify Stores.