You’ve no doubt heard of business branding, but if you’re not sure what it means or how to make it relevant to your Shopify store, then some of the answers can be very confusing. Building a brand for your business is a very important step in optimizing your site.
“A brand is a name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s good or service as distinct from those of other sellers” (American Marketing Association).
That’s a convoluted way of saying that branding for your business is simply a way of being memorable to those that come into contact with your Shopify site. Whether online shoppers find your store through an advert, a personal recommendation, or a post on social media, being memorable is the end result of some quality branding. The question is, how do you build a brand? It’s a lot easier than you might think when you’ve got the help of a Shopify developer like Blackbelt Commerce.
Your Basics To Create A Brand
Think about the business brands that you personally like, and consider why it is that you like them. Is it the way that they interact with their customers, their use of a quality logo, or a brilliant and creative advert that sticks in your head for days? Branding is all of these things and more.
Branding is emotional, engaging, and meets expectation.
Hitting those three points is the key to better branding which will lead to a greater Shopify success rate, more site visits and (ultimately) more sales and more profit. This is the end-goal of your branding strategy and will be reliant on your online presence, the way that you chat to customers and potential customers via social media, and even down to the individual product descriptions that you create. Branding should touch every level and area of your Shopify business.
“Your personal brand is a promise to your clients… a promise of quality, consistency, competency, and reliability.”
Jason Hartman, Author ‘Become The Brand Of Choice
How do you develop a brand for your Shopify store? Firstly, you’re going to need a step by step branding strategy. Branding is simply who you are, and sticking with a consistent business personality. Once you’ve decided on your brand, you need to keep it consistent amongst your platforms and e-commerce store; this is a lot easier said than done. We here at Blackbelt Commerce are Shopify experts who can help manage your theme customization and create content that is in keeping with your brand’s tone and ethos.
What Is Your Shopify Store?
Your first step toward better branding is having a very clear idea of just who you are and what your store represents.
- Take the time to define exactly what personality your business should have. That can be based on your Shopify products, your niche, or your intended audience.
- Have a clear objective in mind. Having a focused end goal for your branding strategy is vital. It should feed into the decisions that you make about your logo, your product, and the image that you want your Shopify business to exude.
- If you don’t have consistency, then you don’t have a brand. It’s sticking to the same constant reliability that will reinforce your branding in the minds of your customers. It’s that unwavering trust that will build brand loyalty and result in better sales.
“Brand is the sum total of how someone perceives a particular organization. Branding is about shaping that perception”
Ashley Friedlein, CEO & Founder of Guild
The way that you communicate comes down to more than just replying to comments on your latest Instagram or Facebook post. Your online business persona is the very literal advocate of your Shopify store. Whether you’re using your personal social media accounts to reach new people or using dedicated Shopify comments, the rules remain the same.
Communication Is Essential
Reaching more people is the proven way to get more website visitors. The more often a potential customer sees your name, the more they develop the encouragement to trust you.
It’s not all about social media though. There are plenty of other ways to develop your brand and introduce it to a wider audience. Some of them might even surprise you.
Get Out and About
It’s very easy to sit at your keyboard and expand your network of contacts and customers, but if you stick to that strategy you’re missing out. You don’t have to go back to old methods of advertising, but there is a lot of value in older media.
- Contact your local media outlets when you have a new product, or if there’s trending news stories that relate to your Shopify store. You might be able to get yourself on the air discussing the news. That’s a fantastic way of promoting both you and your brand, developing both brand recognition and brand trust.
“If people like you they will listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.”— Zig Ziglar, American author, salesman, and motivational speaker
- It’s good that your Shopify store is capable of selling anywhere in the world without the problem of geographical limitations. Don’t be fooled into thinking that your brand has a longevity without reliability though. Look around your local area for contacts and opportunity. If you want to establish a brand, then sponsoring a local sports team or athlete can go a long way to establishing both branding and trust, so it’s worth checking out.
Choose offline brand-building options that will resonate with your product and branding choices. You’ll go a long way in reinforcing your brand in the minds of potential customers.
“If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand.”
— Howard Shultz, CEO of Starbucks
Branding is about telling the story of your business venture. If you want your Shopify experience to be more productive, focusing on your branding is a fantastic way of giving your business a boost. By contacting a Shopify developer such as Blackbelt Commerce, the team of Shopify experts at hand will ensure your e-commerce store is built on a strong and consistent brand.
Thank you again for following our Shopify Insider Blog @ Blackbelt Commerce, we have many other valuable posts that are informative. Here are our top recommendations; Social Media and The Benefits Of Multichannel Thinking. We can also help you with many other services. Also, you can learn all about who are the Shopify Experts at Blackbelt Commerce.
What are the top Shopify stores doing?
Take what we've learned and use it to your advantage.
Get our exclusive research: Insights from over 500 Shopify Stores.